In 1947, a former Lovejoy employee named William H. Jones set out to start his own distributorship, the W. H. Jones Co. to service the Delaware Valley. Five years later Wallace Kinden moved from Detroit to eastern Pennsylvania and founded his own company, the Wallace Kinden Company, to represent Goddard and Goddard products in the same market that Jones was already servicing. The two businesses ran separate but parallel courses successfully up until the 1980's when George Griffin acquired the Kinden Co. and Barry Kauffman bought the Jones Co. In 1987, George and Barry merged the two distributorships into the Jones Kinden Company. The newly formed Jones Kinden Company moved to a business park east of West Chester and continued to expand, adding such companies as Kennametal Inc., Micro Centric and Hydromat to their line card. In October of 2000 Jeffrey Mayer, the grandson of Wally Kinden, bought the company from George and Barry after having been a full time employee of the company for over 20 years. Since acquiring the business the company has doubled the size in both personnel as well as sales volume. In 2007, 60 years after its founding, the company moved to its current location at Lincoln Independence Park in West Chester, PA. The new facility included an area for machine demonstrations as well as room to expand as needed in the future. Today, the Jones Kinden Company can point with pride to the six decades of success through three generations of honest, ethical business practices as a rarity among its peers.